Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 19:22:35 GMT by Matt Birt
I have a limited company that primarily works with a Spanish company. In order to get paid they require me to submit a Certificate of UK Residence for my company but also a Certificate of UK Fiscal Residence for me as an individual. They won't accept a Letter of Confirmation of Residence. How do I quickly obtain both a Certificate of Residence for my company and for myself? I've been told on the online application it says a request for an individual CofR won't be issued if already granted to a Limited Company. Or vice versa. How do I resolve this quickly, as I'm unable to be paid without a Certificate of Residence for my limited and a Certificate of UK Fiscal Residence for myself.
Posted Mon, 13 Mar 2023 15:45:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Certificate of residence and certificate of fiscal residence are different names for the same thing.

However, you cannot apply for both your company and for yourself at the same place,
because Self-assessment team will deal with any personal matters.

As Corporation tax we can only advise on how best to get a certificate of residence for your company.

In which the quickest route is the online form.

For other methods please review :

How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad   .

I can not answer any question regarding a certificate for your personal situation
as this will need to be dealt with by Self-assessment.  

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.