Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Jul 2022 09:54:28 GMT by Propalen
When asked both my SIPP pension provider and my accountant about the Max Pension Contribution from my own Limited Company. I've got two different replies: SIPP pension provider "So the annual limit per tax year is up to £40,000 gross (£32,000 net) across all pensions you hold. This is capped at 100% of your relevant earnings. E.G. if you have a salary of £25,000, your maximum allowance is £25,000 gross. If your salary is £100,000, your maximum allowance is £40,000 gross. This includes both personal contributions, company contributions, and third party contributions." Accountant: "Your an employee of your company (your employer) and you employer isn’t capped on what they pay into a pension for you." So I am now confused and I would like further clarification from you. What's right? Thanks
Posted Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:00:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Please refer to guidance at:
Check if you have unused annual allowances on your pension savings
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2022 15:05:08 GMT by Propalen
Let's assume that there are no unused annual allowances. . Which of these two replies is correct about the Max Pension Contribution from my own Limited Company? SIPP pension provider "So the annual limit per tax year is up to £40,000 gross (£32,000 net) across all pensions you hold. This is capped at 100% of your relevant earnings. E.G. if you have a salary of £25,000, your maximum allowance is £25,000 gross. If your salary is £100,000, your maximum allowance is £40,000 gross. This includes both personal contributions, company contributions, and third party contributions." Accountant: "Your an employee of your company (your employer) and you employer isn’t capped on what they pay into a pension for you." Many thanks
Posted Tue, 26 Jul 2022 13:50:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Please refer to guidance at :

Tax on your private pension contributions     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.