Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2023 10:01:56 GMT by David Kendall
Can an Unincorporated Association be transferred into an existing Private Ltd Company and if so would corporation tax be paid on the land and buildings transferred?
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 08:52:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi David Kendall,

Any gain would arise on the unincorporated association as they are disposing of the land and buildings.
Because the land will be disposed of to a connected party, you will need to obtain a professional valuation so that you can calulate the gain.
This will need to be declared on the tax return for the unincorporated association. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.