Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 22:12:30 GMT by Robert Bruce
I requested an Activation Code for Corporation Tax recently. The code arrived by post in time (ie, well before the its expiry). I logged in to HMRC online with the correct Government ID that corresponds to my company and the right company UTR. However, the system kept saying my code is incorrect. After 3 attempts, it locked me out and prompted me to 'request access to Corporation Tax' again. Once again the system returned the following error message: 'There's a problem. This information does not exist for Corporation Tax, or it has already been used to request access to this tax or scheme.' Can I please have your advice on what to do as I'm unable to call the HMRC helpline due to my day job commitments? I am happy to disclose my UTR and company no. here if that's allowed. Thank you so much.
Posted Wed, 11 May 2022 12:08:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi

If the customer has entered the code after 3 attempts, it will lock out and prompted to 'request access to Corporation Tax' again.

If the code was in date it may be that you have requested another code or some one else with in the business may have.

You can call OSH 0300 200 3600 to be investigated .
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.