Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 07 Jan 2022 12:28:53 GMT by tom82p
Hi there, I am submitting my company account and CT600 at the same time using on This is my first trading year with a profit. I have reached the screen where I need to approve the accounts. So far there is no provision in my account for corporation tax. Should I go ahead and validate the company accounts? Then work on the CT600? Will then final company accounts (including adjustments for corporation tax) be generated? Thanks for your help. Best, T
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:41:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The advice below is given on the assumption that you are using our free filing software. 

Please note this is not accounts preparation service, you should already have a complete set of balanced accounts before entering the service.

See link.

When clicking ‘Save and continue’ on the ‘Approve accounts’ screen you will be taken to Computations section. 

These are calculations which show the adjustments you’ve made to your company’s profit in working out how much Corporation Tax you owe - note Corporation Tax is not an allowable expense. 

Your entries will populate parts of your CT600. 

You will get the opportunity to ‘Review you filing’ once you have reached the end of the data entry pages for the accounts.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 19:43:00 GMT by 20Thaduhlo19 Bafanah
Hi, How do I complete and print off CT600 and CT603 Forms? Where do I find them? Thanks
Posted Thu, 19 May 2022 16:16:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
The CT603 is a form we send out to companies regarding them needing to file a return based on the records we hold.
The CT600 is the form we need submitted following the notification of CT603.
The CT600 however must be filed electronically, we do not accept paper copies of it unless its an amendment to the original which was filed electronically.
You can see the CT600 on the HMRC Website.
Depending on your circumstances you may be able to use our free filing service if you look at :
Check if you can use the HMRC Corporation Tax online filing service
It will point you in the right direction, or there are filing only agents that will submit the return or if you have an accountant they may be able to submit it for you.
There is lots of information on Corporation Tax

You must be signed in to post in this forum.