Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 04:30:17 GMT by
I started my company and began trading roughly 6 months ago, 2 months in and I already went over the threshold. Since then I've tried to register for VAT multiple times, but without success. Every time I fill up an application, when it's time to click on "send" I get an error message saying "Sorry this service is unavailable. " I tried calling HMRC, can't get through to anyone, what else can I possibly do now? Can anyone point me in the right direction?# Kind regards, 

Name removed admin .
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:00:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Abdelhak Jbara,
I'm sorry you are having this issue.
Please can you contact our Helpline on 03002002700.
If we can't resolve your online issue then we will be able to e-mail you out a VAT registration application which you can then complete and send back in the post.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2024 12:02:34 GMT by Daniel Bobeanu
Good afternoon, I have the same problem for over a year, I been trading since 2022! I have called the helpline several times but they have no idea how to solve it and keep passing me from a department to another.I am wondering if you can send me a VAT registration application on my email. Thank you
Posted Tue, 03 Sep 2024 10:44:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Daniel,
If you are having severe issues completing the application online then we do have a procedure for sending a VAT 1 application by post /email.
Please contact us on the link below:
VAT: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.