Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 17:20:32 GMT by David Harvey
Do my wife and I each have to submit a tax return when selling the property so in effect we split the gain into 2 equal parts or is there a joint method of doing this?
Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 14:03:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Independent taxation means that you both have to submit separate tax returns, so that you can each declare your 50% of the gain. There is no joint option.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.