Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2024 19:26:07 GMT by rosaaramburu2009 Aramburu
I did enter manually my interests earns from savings as "other income " I did introduce the amount wrongly, as I should have taken off the £1000 tax free allowance. I don't know how to amend this, as i found it confusing. Could someone help please? Thanks in advance
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 08:11:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi rosaaramburu2009,
There is a box specifically for taxed or untaxed interest.
You enter you interest in the appropriate box and Self Assessment will apply the tax free threshold for you.
If you have a government gateway user ID and password, you can log into or register for a personal tax account:
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Where you can log in to your tax return and amend it.
If you send in a paper tax return, you can either submit and amended paper tax return or a letter advising which boxes need to be amended.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.