Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:20:02 GMT by Joe Lam
I became a UK tax resident in the current tax year (22–23). I have a private property bought in Hong Kong in 2006. I didn`t let my property when I emigrated from Hong Kong to the UK in October 2022. If I need to sell my property, do I have any grace period to waive the capital gain tax?
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:47:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

No, if you sell the property whilst a UK tax resident, you will need to report it.

You may be due private residence relief if you lived in it.

Private Residence Relief (Self Assessment helpsheet HS283)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.