Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 12 May 2023 08:03:49 GMT by Trip B Banham
Anyone help? I have some land that is on the deeds of our house that I wish to sell. I have already sold SOME of the garden so the bit that I now want to sell is separated from our house by the bit that I have already sold. The original total of our land was well below 1.25 acres so if I now sell the bit that is separated, am I liable for CGT? Thanks in advance
Posted Thu, 18 May 2023 17:11:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Trip B Banham,

You may be due full relief from gains if you meet conditions outlined here:

HS283 Private Residence Relief (2023) Updated 6 April 2023

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.