Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:03:38 GMT by
We got married in September 2022 and we both own one house in sole name before married. Since we are married now we plan to move and live into mine, and transfer her house into my SPV company. Her house was initially bought for 300K, and was valued for 400K in 2022 before we got married, the market value has since went down to 390K after we got married. We now want to sell her house to my company for renting out later. I am the sole director of the SPV and I understand that CGT and SDLT need to be calculated at a market value (390K) because of BIK, but please advise on the amount we need to pay on. 1. For CGT, she has live in it up until now and have never rent it out. Also house price has dropped since we get married, Does she get CGT relief? 2. For SDLT, do my SPV pay on 390K at additional rates?
Posted Wed, 03 May 2023 06:30:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi CC5678,

If she has lived in the property for the whole period of ownership there will be no CGT to pay as this has been her only home.
If not, then CGT will be due on the difference of what the property is sold for against the purchase price.
More information is here:
Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax
For stamp duty, please refer to:
Stamp Duty Land Tax

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.