Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 01:02:15 GMT by
Hello, I own some agricutlural land in Philippines. I am planning on selling it and would like to know if I am liable to CGT in the UK where I am a resident and tax payer. If so what is the CGT rate? ive trawled the net looking for answers but can only find info on residential property. Thank you for any help.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:09:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

As UK resident, you would be liable to Capital Gains Tax. The rate you pay is dependant on your overall income. 

Capital Gains Tax rates and allowances

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.