Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Aug 2022 10:43:41 GMT by 9043583
Would a tax resident in the UK be required to report a capital gain made (via a self assessment tax return or otherwise) on the sale of an overseas property if the total amount of the gain is less than the Annual Exempt Amount in the relevant tax year?
Posted Mon, 15 Aug 2022 16:36:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Provided you are tax resident in the UK and the chargeable gain is below the annual exempt allowance, then there is not requirement to declare the gain, even if you are subject to capital gains tax in the other country.
Posted Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:21:35 GMT by 9043583
Thank you for your quick response - I appreciate the confirmation.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.