Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 03 Apr 2022 21:33:51 GMT by Eric WC
Hi, I arrived in Uk in July 2021 and I sold my property and shares in HK before enter UK . Am I need to pay tax on them ? In addition, I still holding some US stocks now and have dividends ( not much), how can I declare this to HMRC? Thank you! Eric WC
Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2022 10:18:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

You are not required to provide HMRC with information re: any taxable transactions that took place before you became a tax resident of the UK.

However, if you are now a resident of the UK, you are required to report your foreign income (including US dividends) in a Self Assessment tax return.

Please refer to the link below for full details of how to do so:

Tax on foreign income         



You must be signed in to post in this forum.