Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2023 09:34:33 GMT by Jo Johnston
We are selling ghe marital home and splitting profit. My husband currently lives there and I am in rented. I am not on the deeds of house so do I have to pay CGT on my half house profit.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 13:18:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You may have to pay tax if you did not live in it for the whole period of 'ownership':
Private Residence Relief (Self Assessment helpsheet HS283
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.