Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 May 2023 10:21:51 GMT by Lorraine
I am considering selling my rental property and buying a further rental property. Would I have to pay CGT on the sale of the property?
Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 14:47:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

When you sell a residential property, you are potentially liable to Capital Gains Tax. You can see guidance on how to calculate Capital Gains Tax and how to report a transaction to HMRC here:

Tax when you sell property

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.