Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:54:22 GMT by andy sutton
Hello, and thank you for any help given in advance. We sold our BTL last week so am preparing the figures. Are we allowed to offset the following: Surveyors Fee required by building society for valuation prior to sale. We lived in the house for 9 years before renting it out - I assume it is 9 years PRR plus 9 months each? Solicitors and estate agents fees. EPC required prior to sale? As the house was empty and required redecorating/gardening/cleaning etc am I right to assume this comes off rental income in yearly Self Assessment figures? Whilst it was empty I was still paying council tax (100%), insurance and standing charges on utilities - again, I assume this is entered on SA? Thank you for your help.
Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:49:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 24

You can claim the survey cost and you are correct with the PRR details.

With regards to the redecorting, to see if you qualify please refer to guidance at:

Property Income Manual

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.