Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 08:01:54 GMT by
I have sold some overseas shares the nett amount comes to less than my CGT allowance after sales costs, witholding taxes and bank charges, do I have to report on SA
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:17:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,
If you are registered for Self Assessment, you should report the Capital Loss in the relevant pages (SA108).

If you are not registered for Self Assessment, you can claim the loss (to be carried forward to future years and
set against any future Capital Gains) by writing to HMRC. 

See :

Capital Gains Tax: what you pay it on, rates and allowances .

Thank you  .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.