Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 13:58:32 GMT by awb28
I am a director of a limited company and I've travelled to Namibia to provide services for my client. I needed to get a series of vaccinations to take that assignment. Can I claim a deduction for tax for these? Would it be considered as a private benefit and need to be showed on a P11D form?
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:28:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If the company wishes to reimburse the director for expenses incurred, that is a matter for the company.  Yes, these should then be declared by the director in their personal return and a P11D submitted.  The expense to the company would be recorded in the profit and loss account and then adjusted as appropriate in the CT computations. In cases where expenses are paid on behalf of a majority shareholder, it would be necessary to determine that this expense would also be paid on behalf of employees who are not shareholders.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.