Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Jul 2021 00:13:28 GMT by yipchunyu
I am moving to UK later this year. My parent in law is going to issue a supplementary credit card to me and my wife to pay for our daily expenses. He is living in HK and is not a UK resident. Since he is the primary card holder and he owns the bank account (locating in his home country), may I know whether I should pay tax to UK gov by using this supplementary credit card in UK? How should I record the expenses (since I assumed my parents in law get the statement instead of me)
Posted Fri, 09 Jul 2021 13:15:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

This is not an Income Tax matter.

HMRC do not charge Income Tax on these transactions so there would be no expenses to claim.

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 03 Aug 2021 11:50:08 GMT by yipchunyu
How about I use the supplementary card to withdraw money from ATM? Still no need to pay tax? Any difference as if I am using arising based or remittance based?
Posted Tue, 03 Aug 2021 12:00:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

Again this does not relate to income tax.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 05 Aug 2021 14:44:41 GMT by azariy
Hm... intersting question

You must be signed in to post in this forum.