Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 18 Jul 2021 12:55:34 GMT by W R
Hi, I have been seconded at work temporarily for one year to a different office. The new location required more travelling. I use my own car but I don’t think I can claim the expenses through work. As this is a temporary commute, can I claim the excess mileage through my self assessment. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 21 Jul 2021 10:24:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please see the following guidance regarding temporary workplace:


Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.