Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 03 Mar 2022 08:41:58 GMT by Liam Brennan
I have been told by my umbrella company that I now need to apply for my mileage expenses using a Form P82? from HMRC because I am now considered SDC in my new contract. So where can I get this form and when can I send it in, if its for every financial year, as this contract will run from Jan 2022 to August 2022 so covering two financial years, (this financial year ending on 5th April 2022) and is the form number correct, would I have to send petrol recites. Would I in fact be allowed to claim? as I'm told its at the discretion of HMRC to accept or refuse the payment.
Posted Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:57:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

To claim expenses under £2500 you would need to use the form P87.

If over this amount then you will need to claim through Self Assessment.

You can find further guidance here:

Claim Income Tax relief for your employment expenses (P87)

Claim tax relief for your job expenses

Self Assessment tax returns

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.