Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 Mar 2023 11:05:06 GMT by aj12345
Hi! Over the last year I have used my own vehicle for various freelance contracts (under 10,000 miles) - I have been paid milage by the companies at a rate of 25p per mile (less that the allowable taxable rate of 45p per mile). How do I put this in my return? Do I put the 25p per mile payment to me as income and then expense at 25p per mile? Or expense at 45p per mile? Thanks
Posted Fri, 17 Mar 2023 08:59:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will show the 25p received as a benefit from your employer and then claim the 45p as an expense.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.