Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 Sep 2021 12:10:08 GMT by lindseyflower Hughes
I am a self employed gardener. I had to have 6 years off work on full befefits due to work related back neck and shoulder injuries. I have recently started working as a gardener again. I am much less fit than I used to be and could do with getting a personal trainer to help me with strengthening my core and shoulders to help me avoid getting the same injuries as I got before. The info I found on the Gov website said I can claim expenses for training courses that will help my business, so can I claim for a personal trainer?
Posted Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:22:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Personal trainer is not a course that would help your business exclusivley. As you will also benefit from this personally this would not be an allowable expense:

BIM37600 - Wholly and exclusively: duality of, or non-trade, purpose: travel costs: contents

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.