Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 17:57:15 GMT by RayC3333
My casual p/t job is paid per contract. Contract payments include an allowance for necessary public transport costs (which I will eventually claim as an allowable expense). Where a job requires additional costs e.g. fuel, I have to claim that separately from the customer and is payed on top of the initial contract payment. From a self assessment perspective does it matter? My current thinking is just treat all of it as total turnover and then claim all the transport and fuel purchases as allowable expenses.
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 16:19:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
That is correct.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.