Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Apr 2022 16:14:02 GMT by Charlie
Hi - I received a book advance earlier this year, from which my literary agent took a commission. What category of business expense would this commission fall under?
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:51:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

You can declare the commission paid as Other Expenses.

You can add a freehand note on the Tax Return to describe what this expense relates to. 



You must be signed in to post in this forum.