Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 19 Jun 2023 12:53:29 GMT by Keyur321 Doshi
Good morning, I am a freelancer and I look after small bookkeeping clients. I work from home 70% of my time. my question is what can I claim as an expense when I am working from home. I googled up and it says the following: "If you pay the 20% basic rate of tax and claim tax relief on £6 a week". Surely £6.00 is not enough to cover me for the bills etc. If I was to rent a small one room office I would be paying approx £300/month inclusinve of everything. It is really difiicult to have a breakdown of electricity, gas, water and internet. Would I be able to claim as an approx amount say like £100 per month (this would cover - room usage and utilities). thanks.
Posted Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:27:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance on expenses for self employed here:

Expenses if you're self-employed

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.