Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 May 2023 09:53:38 GMT by Meghan Law
Can you advise how employers should report mileage uplift? It's going through as earnings on my p60, but I feel this should be reported as a benefit? Can you advise?
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 11:47:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Meghan Law,

This can be done either way.
Employers can add the cash equivalent of the employees benefits to their pay, and then tax them through payroll.
HMRC will make sure the value of the benefit is not included in the employees tax codes.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 12:55:33 GMT by Meghan Law
But should this figure come under earnings as the rest of your wage does when reported to HMRC?
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 10:36:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Yes that is an option.
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 12:38:06 GMT by Meghan Law
So from a universal credits point of view would this be classed as earnings? If there is no distinction between wages and fuel reimbursement?
Posted Wed, 31 May 2023 07:54:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Please call universal credits for advice.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.