Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:54:34 GMT by ISPISP
Hello I have a company car funded buy my employer. The car is a Petrol with an Engine size of less than 1400cc. I am not allowed to claim any personal mileage i.e I pay for my own personal mileage. I am allowed to claim for my business mileage at a rate of £0.13 pence per mile. However, this does not cover the cost of the actual fuel used for this trip and I understand that I can claim back the difference between the £0.13 pence per mile and what the actual fuel costs me if I can prove that my fuel costs where actually higher than the Advisory Fuel Rate. Please can anyone comment if this is the case and if so - how do I make such a claim? Thank you
Posted Mon, 14 Mar 2022 09:21:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would need to complete form P87 for each tax year of the claim, and tell us the actual fuel cost and the amount that your employer has re-imbursed.

Claim Income Tax relief for your employment expenses (P87)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.