Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Dec 2023 21:41:20 GMT by robert lea
I am a sole trader and have decided to hire my spouse as a contractor to help with my work, paying them a fixed monthly amount. Is there anything I would need to evidence when filling this as an expense in my self assessment? Given my spouse would declare this income on their self assessment return also and I have a signed contract agreed.
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:34:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would need to account for the payments to your wife in your business bookkeeping accounts and declare this as wages in your tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.