Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 30 May 2022 16:32:33 GMT by Heather Penney
On the 'Self-employment (short) form' under 'Allowable business expenses' are the categories: Box 11: Costs of goods bought for resale or goods used Box 12: Car, van and travel expenses Box 13: Wages, salaries and other staff costs Box 14: Rent, rates, power and insurance costs Box 15: Repairs and maintenance of property and equipment Box 16: Accountancy, legal and other professional fees Box 17: Interest and bank and credit card financial charges Box 18: Phone, fax, stationery and other office costs Box 19: Other allowable business expenses They are the same headings in the online form but for clarity, I used the paper form as it has a number reference. My question is, in which category does: A. Protective clothing go B. Marketing and subscriptions go C. Training courses go Many thanks
Posted Tue, 31 May 2022 12:36:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Protective clothing, training courses and marketing will go under other allowable expenses in box 19.

Subscriptions will go under box 16 for other professional fees.

Alternatively you can lump everything together at box 20 .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.