Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 Feb 2023 13:41:12 GMT by mikeupdates
Hello, About a year ago I tried putting a tax relief claim for working from home expenses through but am getting the following message: "You cannot use this Government Gateway user ID to claim tax relief on your expenses This is because you have signed in with your business or agent Government Gateway user ID. To use this service you need to sign in with an individual Government Gateway user ID." I created an "individual Government Gateway" and put the claim through around a year ago. I haven't heard anything so phoned up HMRC and they said they had no record of the claim, and to put another one through. Trying to do this it says the only year I can claim for is 22-23 (not 20-21 and 21-22 which is what I want). This leads me to believe the original claim exists, whether it be on my "individual Government Gateway" or "individual Government Gateway". Please can somebody from HMRC pick this up and check the status of my claim? I am constantly trying phoning however I am either on hold for hours, or HMRC disconnects the call before I get to an advisor. Many thanks in advance, Kind regards
Posted Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:51:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi mikeupdates,
If you have been unable to claim online, you will need to complete a P87 form for each year you wish to claim.
Claim Income Tax relief for your employment expenses by post

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.