Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 17:08:40 GMT by KJH432 Jones
I am a sole trader (piano teacher) and do my accounts using cash basis. I bought a chair to use whilst teaching. Can I confirm that I can list this as an allowable expense (rather than capital allowance).
Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 18:17:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Yes you will include it as allowable expenses.
Please see guidance here:
Expenses if you're self-employed
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.