Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:52:11 GMT by WY P
I am working remotely in the UK for a company in Hong Kong and earning foreign income in the UK. I have private medical and hospitalisation insurance plan in Hong Kong and I am still paying the monthly premium. My company will reimburse me for the actual amount of the premium I pay every month. The reimbursement is paid in Hong Kong dollars into my Hong Kong account. May I know if the reimbursement is taxable and needs to report to HMRC together with my monthly salary? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 16 Dec 2021 13:51:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 30

You would need to speak to your company in Hong Kong to see if they are classing this payment as a taxable benefit or part of your wages. If they are then this will need to be reported. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.