Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:37:08 GMT by Andy Hoo
Hi I am a self employed boat mover and have uniform and set of clothes used wholly and exclusively for this role. I understand I can claim a uniform cleaning allowance can you please tell me how to do this. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 14:19:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

There is no flat rate expense for self employed individuals. 

You would need to consider the cost actually incurred.

Guidance on clothing at

BIM37910 - Business Income Manual - HMRC internal manual     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.