Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 14 Jan 2023 10:12:53 GMT by Jay Norton
I am a self-employed sole trader and work for different clients. They ask me to invoice for my time and then invoice for the equipment I purchase. For example they were invoiced £200 for hours worked and £100 purchasing equipment/ consumable resources for their site. When I enter the information on my tax return form do I enter it as ; £300 income because that is what is seen as going into my account and then do I deduct the £100 as expenses? Or do I enter it is £200 income only with no need to record my expenses?
Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 09:14:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jay Norton, 

You will iclude the £300 as income and then deduct the expenses. 

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.