Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 14:57:16 GMT by taxquery123
Hello, I've been asked by HMRC to review my expenses for the last four tax years on my self-assessment submissions as a PAYE worker. I only have records for the past two tax years due to change in employment which led me to change my computer. Is there any HMRC advice on what to do for the tax years where I now don't have access to the records?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 15:47:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You can submit your best estimates in the self assessment tax return for those tax years and if HMRC opens an enquiry, you may have to justify the expenses claimed at that time.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.