Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 11:12:02 GMT by Lyons0774
I am a Civil Servant who is due to go on loan to another department, my home department is still my contracted department. My permanent place of work and home are within 10 miles of each other, but the office for the department I am on loan to is 400 miles away. I will be paying for accommodation near the place of work I am on loan to for the 7 months as the department will not cover this and will be relocating there temporarily whilst keeping my current property as my primary residence . My questions are: Will the costs of accommodation be an allowable expense for the period of the loan? Will the cost of meals be an allowable expense in line with claim limits ? Will the initial travel to relocate down then back up be claimable?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2024 07:56:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance below to see if you meet the conditions:

EIM32125 - Travel expenses: travel for necessary attendance: fixed term appointments and agency workers: fixed term appointments

The cost of meals will not be allowable as you would still need to eat whether you were seconded or not.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.