Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:51:27 GMT by Lee S
My understanding is that I can claim for Landlords insurance as an expense - is that correct? Is it also possible to claim for specific appliance insurance e.g. Domestic & General Appliance Care? Finally, can I claim for annual Intruder Alarm Service from Banham? All are solely for the rental property.Thanks
Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 07:35:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

All of your landlord insurance policies are allowable expenses. This includes buildings, contents and public liability insurance, as well as any additional cover you buy to cover you for loss of rent.The appliance care and intruder alarm service costs would also be allowable. You can see guidance here: 

Work out your rental income when you let property

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.