Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 09 Feb 2022 11:40:23 GMT by AndyH
I am a self employed boat mover (inland waterways) and I am often away several nights. Due to the nature of the job I have to take food solely and wholly purchased for the job which I would not otherwise buy. This is often more expensive due to the way that it is packaged. i.e tinned etc Often there is no fridge. I am aware that the rules for subsistence meals have been extended to the self-employed. I am also aware that lorry drivers are allowed an allowance for both accommodation and meals, although often they claim only for food as they sleep in the cab. I draw the parallel to the lorry driver as I am, in effect 'delivering' a boat to new a customer and / or location, the same as the lorry driver. My accommodation is also provided - another parallel to the lorry driver.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.