Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 03 Apr 2022 14:51:22 GMT by ron wis
Your article was a great help for me. Kindly keep updating whatever hits your mind about the topic.
Posted Sat, 07 May 2022 13:46:26 GMT by John bonaccordpestcontrol.co.uk
Lots of good informations thank you. Working from home can be chalenging If you have pests at home call bonaccordpestcontrol.co.uk
Posted Sat, 16 Jul 2022 23:29:38 GMT by hehejee
I have today made adjustments to (hopefully) make sure my tax code is amended for the working form home tax relief. However, back in April, I completed the form to receive a back dated payment for the previous year (17th March 2022- July22)..
Posted Sat, 06 Aug 2022 04:58:36 GMT by alexa smith
Thanks for the update but can you confirm that anyone in my situation of being in full-time employment but being asked to work from home by their employer cannot include these flat rate expenses on the online self- assessment form?
Posted Tue, 09 Aug 2022 10:44:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi alexa smith, 

If you are working from home and do not have the option of working at the office, you can claim the expenses on the Employment section of your tax return.

You can find further guidance here: 

Claim tax relief for your job expenses Skip to contents of guide Contents

Thank you.

Posted Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:11:36 GMT by Diana Annu
Amazing article
Posted Mon, 28 Nov 2022 11:30:28 GMT by joony
Thanks for the update but can you confirm that anyone in my situation of being in full-time employment but being asked to work from home by their employer cannot include these flat rate expenses on the online self- assessment form?
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 15:50:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi
joony,

Have a look at the guidance on job expenses at :

Claim tax relief for your job expenses   

for guidance on working from home   .

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 03 Dec 2022 12:04:45 GMT by Hazel Peace
Hi, I have "long covid" and have to work at home most of the time so I can work. Will I be able to claim the working from home allowance for 2022/23. My employer has an office and technically it's not too far to travel for a normal person, but I can't manage it very often due to limited capacity and have to work at home (as per fit note etc). Thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.