Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2023 10:48:53 GMT by Catherine Carr
My Office/place of work was 30 miles away from my home which I travelled to twice a week, any visits I had to do to individual sites were claimed from the office to the address and back again. My main office/place of work has closed and I have been given the opportunity to work from the closest office which would be 60 miles from my home or to work from home. Should I get paid my milage from my home address or can my employer still just pay me from my old office address or choose a point of reference to pay the expenses from and too ?
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:58:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Please refer to Claim tax relief for your job expenses: Vehicles you use for work - GOV.UK (  You cannot mileage claim expenses from home to your permanent place of work but can claim for expenses for travelling from your permanent place of work to individual sites as this is purely business expenditure.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.