Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 22:17:42 GMT by Tommaso Madonia
Hello, I'm a freelancer/sole trader currently working for a EU based company and I get paid weekly in pounds. Every week I receive £12 less than I invoiced and my client claims this is due to some bank transfer fees. They are now asking me to invoice for £12 more to account for the difference. In my books, should I consider these bank fees as expenses even if it's not my bank charging these fees? I have no proof that the a bank is charging these fees and the client is not just sending less than it's due. Thank you!
Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 10:57:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
No.  If your client pays you £12 per week more, this is considered part of your turnover and should be declared as such.  There is no tax relief available for costs incurred in converting to pounds sterling.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.