Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:00:44 GMT by Robert Dean
Hi, I was trying to find out if I can claim tax relief on the costs related to becoming a driving instructor, eg, books, courses and test cost? Thanks
Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 07:49:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Unfortunately the initial training fees to become a qualified Driving Instructor are not allowable. 

Please see guidance for claiming expenses as a self employed individual :

Expenses if you're self-employed    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.