Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:52:38 GMT by dale millar
I have been consulting for a Saudi Arabian company and am subject to a 5% withholding tax. I am being asked to have a form signed and stamped by HMRC by the Saudi Tax authorities - it is merely to confirm that I am a UK registered and resident company. Where should I send this form to have it actioned?
Posted Mon, 21 Feb 2022 13:43:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, this is probably to allow them to pay tax free on the basis you are UK resident and paying the tax here.

If this is for you as an individual then please send to HMRC, PAYE and Self Assessment, BX91AS.

If this is for a company then please send to HMRC, Corporation Tax Services, BX91AX

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:29:12 GMT by dale millar
Many thanks for this really speedy reply. Actually it is for my company and I had sent a form to Corporation Tax Services on 7 Jan 22 and have not received a reply - is this delay normal, or do you recommend that I re-send the form in case it has gotten lost? Thanks again
Posted Wed, 23 Feb 2022 08:49:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Corporation Tax Services are currently working Certificate of Residence requests received on the 4/2/22 and are working about three weeks behind.

However, if you sent the request on the 7/1/22 and you have not received a reply by now it is probably best if you re-send the form to the following addres:

Corporration Tax Services
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.