Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:45:46 GMT by peter webster
I am not sure whether our UK trading company needs to be registered under the UK Trader Scheme. Could you advise, please? We have a few trade customers in Northern Ireland to which we supply water analyser equipment and spares on a regular basis. Those customers are the end user of our goods. The EU tariff for the goods is zero. We ship solely from our base in England using a carrier (e.g. TNT) direct to our customer; we do not have a base in N Ireland. In November/ December 2020, we applied for the TSS, an XI EORI number, and for the UK Trader Scheme as prompted by publicity at the time. We never heard back from the Trader Support Service TSS (and I don't know what to do next re that?), we do have an XI EORI (which I understood was necessary to ship goods to N Ireland from 1 Jan), and we are provisionally registered for the UK Trader Scheme. Having looked again at the guidance, it would seem that our goods are not 'at risk' because they have a zero EU tariff. If we continue to declare them as such, it appears we do not need full authorization under the UK Trader Scheme? Is that correct?
Posted Fri, 09 Apr 2021 11:03:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Based on the information provided whilst provisionally authorised for the UK Trader Scheme it appears you will not meet the establishment criteria in the future.
If on classifying your goods and reviewing the tariff, you have determined they are zero rated, you would be able to declare these goods as not at risk. You would need to ensure you checked the tariff regularly to ensure the duty rate has not changed on your goods as they do get updated often.
Further information on declaring goods as not at risk can be found:
Check if you can declare goods you bring into Northern Ireland not ‘at risk’ of moving to the EU
Posted Tue, 24 Aug 2021 16:22:38 GMT by James
In the response by HMRC Admin 8, it is noted that: "If on classifying your goods and reviewing the tariff..." Which tariff is this? Is this the EU Common Customs Tariff, and/or the tariff under the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, or other?
Posted Thu, 02 Sep 2021 08:21:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find further guidance here:

Trade Tariff: look up commodity codes, duty and VAT rates

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Oct 2021 16:36:08 GMT by united650
Yes, your trading company must be registered in the UK, if not, you will get a fine I had and had to pay and a lot of money went

You must be signed in to post in this forum.