Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:42:57 GMT by Eddie
I purchased some personal goods from Germany and I wish to return them. They are unused and seller has agreed the return. When the goods first arrived, I paid Parcelforce appx £150 customs charge to release the parcel to me. Which process can I use to apply for a refund of the customs charge? google search gives lots of advice for how businesses handle returns, but it's not clear re consumers.
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:40:00 GMT by Customs oldtimer
the details of how to claim duty paid when you re- export an item If the import was by post or parcel force the form is a BOR285
Posted Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:55:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please find below GOV.UK link linked to your query.
Please note this relates to refunds of Customs Duty/VAT.
Any parcelforce admin customs charges cannot be refunded by HMRC.
How to apply for a repayment of import duty and VAT if you've overpaid (C285)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.