Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Jun 2021 09:12:07 GMT by JR90
I really don't understand the difference and am struggling to find answers anywhere. The company I work for don't currently have any badges for Destin8/CNS or any other port software. Does this mean we cannot do any inventory linked shipments for our customers? If so, what will happen on the 1st of July when there's big changes to ports with all of them becoming inventory linked? Are we being forced into investing in the software and the badges? I've tried to find guidance about this online but the industry seems to be such a hard one for finding help and advice for these sorts of problems so any answers would be appreciated!
Posted Tue, 06 Jul 2021 10:36:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

On 11 March 2021, the Government announced that the introduction of full import border controls would be delayed until 1 January 2022. 

All locations choosing to operate a Temporary Storage model must have systems in place to ensure goods are controlled, requiring an inventory linked system from 1 January 2022. 

Temporary Storage facilities that are not part of an existing inventory-linked community are able to temporarily operate without an inventory linked system in place until 1 January 2022.

They are still be required to have control over their facility and keep effective records. 

You can find further information at: 

The Border Operating Model

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.