Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:15:40 GMT by Richard Parkhouse
Hi, I remember reading that all EU exporters must become REX registered. But it has come to light recently that there are still a few that are not and still exporting quoting their Exporter Approval Number on the statement of origin, similar to what a Swiss exporter would do, for example. My question is, can the UK importer still claim duty pref. if the statement of origin from the EU exporter contains an Exporter Approval Number rather than a REX number. My thought is yes, as it's still a customs approval number as per footnote 2 of (Annex 7 of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement). Await your thoughts/confirmation. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 10:12:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Under the UK-EU TCA, to be able to issue a statement on origin for the goods of the value exceeding €6000, the EU exporter must be registered for REX (Registered Exporter) system in the EU and include their REX number in the statement on origin.

The UK exporters are required to include their EORI number in their statement on origin regardless of the value of the consignment.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 14:08:18 GMT by RP2 2
Hi, So if the EU exporter quotes thier Customs Approval number rather than a REX number and the value is >6000EUR then are you saying the UK importer cannot claim preference? Please confirm. Thanks
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 16:16:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi

The UK importer cannot claim preference quoting the Customs Approval Number.  

The EU exporter must be registered for REX and include the REX number on the statement of origin. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.