Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Mar 2022 08:57:24 GMT by MonikaKW
Hi All my company's imports are handled by Parcelforce and they are authorized to apply postponed vat accounting and to use our deferment account. On my periodic deferment statements there is the following a notification: "The ability to make import declarations on CHIEF will end on 30 September 2022. If you import goods, you need to register for CDS and set up a CDS direct debit instruction for your duty deferment account". So even if my import are handled by Parcelforce I need to register to CDS? Or is there a way to set up a direct debit instruction in another way?
Posted Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:12:27 GMT by Customs oldtimer
From October Parcel force can continue to make declarations on your behalf but on CDS rather than CHIEF. If you are using Postponed VAT accounting then I assume you must be logging on through your Government Gateway account to download your statements. If so then you will have already registered on CDS . My understanding is that CHIEF and CDS use different bank accounts so fresh DD mandates will need to be set up . The means of doing this will be through a new finance function in the CDS portal you are already using to get your PIVA statements. I don't however believe the new finance function is available for use yet .
Posted Tue, 05 Apr 2022 07:12:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 24
Hi,

Yes, everyone must be registered for CDS even if import declarations are completed by another party.

A new direct debit must also be completed via the below link.

Set up a Direct Debit for a duty deferment account on the Customs Declaration Service

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.